Sunday, October 28, 2012

1988 - ANOTHER WOMAN, Woody Allen reworks Wild Strawberries badly


Let's go to the dialog:

"I accept your condemnation."

“Maybe you’ve had too much champagne.”
“Maybe this conversation scares you.”


“I laid my head down and closed my eyes, and I guess I dozed off. I don’t know how long I was asleep, but one of the pillows must have slipped off the vent, and I gradually became aware of a voice. A woman’s voice. And it was such an anguished, heart-wrenching sound that I was totally arrested by its sadness.”

Ingmar Woody directs Liv Rowlands and Max Von Hackman

“Something tells me you know everything, and you’re scared.”
 
"I closed the book, and felt this strange mixture of wistfulness and hope, and I wondered if a memory is something you have or something you've lost. For the first time in a long time, I felt at peace."

Finally this little gem, seems to be Woody's own review of his film:

"This is overblown, it's too emotional, it's maudlin. Your dreams may be meaningful to you, but to the objective observer, it's just so embarrassing."

No comments: